Posts Tagged ‘Create a Critter’
I was working on my Christmas cards again today. Looking for some inspiration and wanting to do a couple of challenges, I turned to Peachy Keen Sketch with a Twist challenge and the My Creative Time Throwback Thursday challenge. Combining the two challenges along with my Christmas theme, I came up with the cutest card. The Peachy Keen face is what makes it sooooo cute. I’m so happy with how it turned out!
The stick pin is one of handmade pins. I had several requests for a tutorial on how to do them. So, I created a tutorial today for you all.
When making the card, I started stressing because I didn’t have any red gems on hand. Then it hit me, I could color some red with my Copics. I’m just loving the Copic markers!! Below are the items used in my card.
- Cricut Cartridge – Create a Critter
- Copics YR04, YR07, R29, R20, 0
- Peachy Keen face stamp PK-M21 – Donna Rae Penguin (stamped on the inside of the card)
- Peachy Keen image stamp PK-521 – Winter Faces
- Cuttlebug folder (sorry I do not know the name of it)
- DCWV designer paper – The Merry Christmas Stack
- Spellbinders Nestabilities – Blossom Two
- Studio G Ribbon
- Gems (painted red with Copic)
- Handmade stick pin (see my video above)
- Tim Holtz Withered Wood distress ink
- Cardstock – white, black, orange, red, gray
- Dimensional adhesive
Hi everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful day. I had a great time with my youngest daughter today. We shopped at Michaels, then she had 3 hours of gymnastic practice, then we at lunch, then she had a 1 hour gymnastic private lesson, then we did more shopping.
Thought I’d share with you my finds from this week. This was a big week for me for Cricut cartridges. As you probably have heard, Michaels has their clearance Circut cartridges marked down to $9.99 today. Wow, I’ve never seen such low prices — not even on eBay. I was able to pick up 6 new cartridges there. They are the bottom 6 on the picture below. This week, I also receive my CricutMachine.com order. They had cartridges on sale for $14.95. I got Simply Charmed and Forever Young. Also, my free Sampler cartridge arrived from CricutMachine. There was a mixup with the Post Office and they shipped my cartridge back with an address not found. CricutMachine was so nice and mailed it back to us! My final cartridges were eBay wins. Yes, I got more Imagine cartridges and I don’t even have one yet..lol. I’m still waiting for them to go on sale at HSN for $399 so I can use my 15% coupon — but it’s really hard waiting. I won the Best Friends cartridge for $10.50 (awesome) and the Nursery Tails for $13.
Lastly, I stopped at JoAnns earlier this week and picked up a few items on clearance. The cardstock was less than $2; the two DCWV glitter mini stacks were $2.99 each and the bell trim was $1 (marked down from $10). Cannot wait to use the bells on a card.
Thanks for stopping by.
Robyn at My Pink Stamper is having a Design Team Challenge. How exciting! She is filling the last two spots on her design team with this challenge. The challenge is to create a project of your choice using your favorite cartridge and Robyn’s favorite colors of pink, brown, and green plus one other color of our choice (I chose red as my other color). My favorite cartridge is Create a Critter. All of the critters on it are just so darn adorable. I love pink and brown, so the color scheme was an easy one for me. I used my two favorite stamps — Peachy Keen and My Pink Stamper. I think it came out super, super cute. It would be soooo awesome to be selected as part of the MPS design team! I’m keeping my fingers crossed and my toes too!
Gypsy File: If you have a Gypsy and the Create a Critter cartridge, you can click on the link below to download my Gypsy file to your computer and then use your Gypsy software to upload it to your Gypsy.
- Create a Critter Cartridge
- My Pink Stamper Stamps – Christmas Wishes
- Peachy Keen Stamps – Princess Faces 1 1/8″
- iRock & clear gems
- Tim Holtz Distressing Inks (Broken China, Worn Lipstick, Peeled Paint)
- Martha Stewart Carnelian Glitter
- Recollections Brown Ribbon
- Designer Paper – Recollections & Cloisonne
- Cardstock – Brown, Pink, Green
- Recollections Foam Adhesive Circles
- Zig 2 Way Pen
- Gelly Rolls (White, Red)